Driving licence lost or stolen
Requirements for online reporting
- You have a Dutch driving licence
- This is the first time you report your driving licence missing or stolen
- You have DigiD
- Your driving licence is not confiscated
Do you not meet 1 of these conditions? Or are you unable to make the report online? Then go to your municipality to report the loss.
Have you lost your foreign driving licence? Then go to Foreign driving licence lost or stolen
Have you lost your Dutch driving licence or has it been stolen? Or is it being misused? Contact us to make your driving licence invalid. Please note: We cannot undo a report of loss, theft or misuse.
It works like this
- You log in with your DigiD by clicking the button 'Report lost driving licence'. (only available in Dutch)
- Fill in the details and click on 'send'.
- You will receive an email from us within a few minutes. We will block your driving licence immediately, so that nobody can take advantage of it.
- Apply for a new driving licence.
Do you no longer live in the Netherlands (deregistered) and are you unable to file the report online from abroad? Then fill in a statement of loss and send it to us. Note: are you still registered in the Netherlands? Then go to your municipality to report your loss
Send it to:
9640 HA Veendam.
You can also send the statement by e-mail using the contact form on this website.