- You send an e-mail to [email protected].
- You should receive a response within 3 working days with information about the secure connection, the digital signature and how to put together the digital CoC.
- Then the acceptance process starts. How long this takes will depend on the situation. You should count with a minimum of 3 weeks.
- When you have successfully completed the acceptance process, you will have access to the database and you can submit CoCs.
- After you submitted the digital CoC, the vehicle can be registered in the vehicle register (only in Dutch).
We work with a digital signature. This way we can be sure that the data provided has not been changed and comes from you. The digital signature must be in the name of the manufacturer or the official representative of the manufacturer.
I'm a manufacturer and I don't have a digital signature
- Do you send the CoCs directly to us? Then you can send them with or without a digital signature. Until 1 January 2023, it is allowed to provide CoCs without digital signature.
- Do you send the CoCs through a provider? In that case, you may only submit CoCs with a digital signature.
I'm an importer and I don't have a digital signature
- Until 1 January 2023, Dutch importers are allowed to supply the CoCs with or without a digital signature.
- Do you submit without digital signature? Then you must submit an audit statement to us every year.
- The digital CoC consists of a list of attributes supplied by the manufacturer. This information is drawn from the Initial Vehicle Information (IVI) message. On the website of the Association of European Vehicle and Driver Registration Authorities (EReg) you can find the following files at the bottom of the page:
- The actual IVI message
- IVI-BB (Message book)
- XSD file of the Initial Vehicle Information (IVI)
- Over time it will be possible to register your vehicle with the digital CoC in any participating European member state.