- A paper registration certificate does not come with a registration code. Have you lost part of the paper registration certificate, for example your transfer certificate? Then you need an entirely new registration certificate. Go to ‘You lost your registration card’ on this website.
- Have you lost the entire registration certificate? Go to ‘You lost your registration card’ on this website.
- Do you have a leased car? Then contact the lease or finance company. Only they can apply for a new registration code for the vehicle.
Is the vehicle registered in your name and do you have DigiD? Or is the vehicle registered to your company's name and do you have eHerkenning? Then you can immediately download the registration code.
- Log in with DigiD or with eHerkenning by clicking on the button ‘Download the registration code' and apply for your new registration code. You pay the fees via iDEAL.
- You will receive 2 emails from us within a few minutes. The second e-mail has the link to your new registration code. You may need to login again to download the registration code.
- The registration code remains available for 40 days. Save the file with the registration code and keep it safe.
- When you receive your new registration code , the old code is no longer valid. Your registration number remains the same.
With DigiD or eHerkenning (EH3) you can immediately download the registration code.
You'd rather not use DigiD/eHerkenning or you want to download the code for someone else?
- Make sure you have the vehicle identification number on hand. The number is on the back of the vehicle registration card.
- You apply for a new registration code with the button ‘Apply for a registration code'. You select ‘Alleen tenaamstellingscode aanvragen" (Apply for registration code only’. You pay the fees via iDEAL.
- We send the code by mail to the address where the owner/holder of the vehicle is registered with the municipality.
- Here you see when you will receive the registration code.
Application You'll receive it Monday to Friday before 8 p.m. Within 3 working days Monday to Thursday after 8 p.m. Within 4 working days Friday after 8 p.m. and on weekends Thursday
Has it been more than 3 months since you applied for the registration code and are you (only) informing us now? You must apply again.
- When you receive your new registration code, the old code is no longer valid. Your registration number remains the same.
You pay the fees for the registration code by using iDEAL.
New registration code €1,10
You found your old registration codeHave you applied for a new registration code and found your old code again? Unfortunately, it is not possible to cancel the application and get a refund.
Are you a resident of the European Union and you do not have DigiD? You may be able to apply for a registration code using your country's national login key.
Please note: this is only possible if you have a Dutch citizen service number and a Dutch bank account.
This webpage is part of an EU quality network