Applying for a certificate of authenticity
This is how you apply for a certificate of authenticity:
- Download the certificate of authenticity application form (pdf, 120kb) and fill it in.
- Send the following documents to the RDW, Unit Rijbewijzen, Postbus 9000, 9640 HA Veendam or send an email via the contact form:
- the application form (completed and signed)
- a copy of a valid identification document (passport, identity card or Dutch driving licence)
3. Pay the fee for the certificate of authenticity.
|Certificate of authenticity||€4,65|
5. As soon as the fee and a copy of your proof of identity have been received, the RDW will send the certificate to you by post. The certificate of authenticity can only be received by post, because it is an original certified document.
Your request will take a maximum of 10 working days to process. The amount of time it takes for the certificate to arrive at your home address depends on the postal service in your region. If you have not received the certificate after 3 weeks, please contact us.
The RDW sends the certificate of authenticity to the address at which you are registered with the municipality. If you live abroad and are no longer registered with a Dutch municipality, the RDW can send the certificate of authenticity to a foreign address for correspondence.