Providing proof of identity when suspending the registration of a vehicle
If you are the registered owner/keeper of the vehicle or someone else who is arranging suspension of registration on behalf of the owner, you can provide proof of your identity by means of one of the following documents, which must be valid:
- a Dutch driving licence;
- a Dutch passport;
- a Dutch identity card;
- or a driving licence from an EU or EFTA country;
- an identity card from an EU or EFTA country;
- a diplomatic passport; a Dutch travel document for aliens;
- a Dutch travel document for refugees;
- a service passport; a foreign passport.
Providing proof of identity by means of a foreign identity document
You can provide proof of identity by means of a foreign identity document at an RDW customer service point or RDW inspection station only, not at a vehicle registration help desk.
Vehicle registered in the name of a company
If you want to suspend a vehicle (registered in the name of the company) as an authorised signatory or representative of a company (legal entity), you must also provide proof of identity by means of the aforementioned documents.