Wat kunt u doen?
If you have a company with several registration numbers in its name, go to Requesting a new registration certificate for companies.
You have lost
your registration card or (part of) your paper registration certificate
In this case, request a new registration certificate (registration card) with registration number, or
You have only
lost (part of) your registration code
In this case, request a registration code only. Go to Requesting a new registration code.
Conditions for requesting a new registration certificate
You can only apply for a replacement vehicle registration certificate if:
- the vehicle is in your name,
- you give someone else permission to make the request on your behalf.
If the vehicle is not registered in your name, but you would still like to request a replacement registration certificate, contact the RDW Customer Service.
Requesting a new registration certificate
To request a new registration certificate:
- Go to Requesting a new registration certificate with registration code.
- Select the first option: Request a registration card with registration code (''kentekencard met tenaamstellingscode aanvragen'').
- Fill in the details requested. Make sure you have the last 4 digits of the VIN (the report code) at hand. With the RDW registration number check, you can find out where to find this number on your vehicle. Your dealer or importer can also tell you this.
- Pay the fee via iDEAL.
|New registration card and registration code||€32,60|
5. You will receive an email from the RDW containing the details of the request.
6. The RDW always sends a new registration certificate (registration card) and a letter with a registration code to the address of the registered owner/holder as registered with the municipality (including in case of death or emigration). If this is not what is intended or if the person died or emigrated before 1 January 2017, contact the RDW Customer Service.
7. After receiving the new registration certificate, you can destroy any parts of the old registration certificate that may still be in your possession. They are no longer valid. If a registration card has already been issued for your vehicle, you must destroy the ‘old’ registration code. This is also no longer valid once the new code has been issued.
Processing your requestThe following schedule shows when you will receive your registration certificate and registration code. The RDW sends the registration code one working day after the registration certificate.
|Request||Receipt of registration certificate||Receipt of registration code|
|Monday to Friday before 8 p.m.||Within 2 working days||Within 3 working days|
|Monday to Thursday after 8 p.m.||Within 3 working days||Within 4 working days|
|Friday after 8 p.m. and on the weekend||Wednesday||Thursday|
Card not received
Contact the RDW if you have not received the registration card within 5 working days. For more information, go to Vehicle registration card or registration code not received.
Vehicle owned by a leasing or financing company
If the vehicle is owned by a leasing company, the leasing company will receive the new registration card or registration code. The leasing company will forward the registration card to you. If the vehicle is owned by a financing company, you will receive the new registration card and the financing company will receive the new registration code.
Many people find their missing registration certificate soon after requesting a new one. If you have requested a new registration certificate and then found your old one, it will not be possible to cancel the request and get a refund.
Online request not possible
If you are unable to request the new registration certificate online, contact the RDW Customer Service.