English information type-approval

When a vehicle is first registered in an EU Member State (also in the Netherlands, therefore), that vehicle must have a European type-approval. The RDW issues these type-approvals.

If you have a vehicle without a type-approval or with just a partial type-approval, you can have it tested and type-approved by the RDW so that it can be licensed for use on the roads. You can also ask the RDW to issue a type-approval for vehicle parts (components or technical units) so that you can then supply/sell them to the motor industry.