Passage for vehicles weighing up to 100 tons possible in port area Rotterdam
For transport of up to 100 tons, you need to take the usual conditions of the annual exceptional transport permit into account with respect to the dimensions, weight and axle load. You must also take the following into account:
- If you transport a weight of less than 80 tons or between 80 and 100 tons with a wheelbase larger than 22 metres, no extra conditions apply for the engineering structures in question.
- For weights between 80 and 100 tons with a wheelbase less than or equal to 22 metres, extra conditions do apply for the engineering structures in question:
- No other traffic is permitted on the flyover in the same direction of travel.
- On flyover sections with 3 or more lanes, it is not permitted for transports to drive on the outer left and right lanes; elsewhere, the transports must drive in the middle between the crash barriers.
- The transports must be accompanied by 2 escorts.
These conditions also apply to the ramps to and from flyovers, some of which consist of reinforced soil and/or CSM walls or concrete shuttering structures. In addition, the standard dimensions in the annual exceptional transport permit apply.
Conditions for the wheelbase dimensions
If the wheelbase length is > 22 metres and the vehicle weighs between 80 and 100 tons: no conditions apply
If the wheelbase length is ≤ 22 metres and the vehicle weighs between 80 and 100 tons: conditions do apply
These supplementary conditions also apply for valid annual exceptional transport permits that have already been issued.
Wheelbase = distance from centre of front axle to centre of back axle
To which engineering structures do the conditions apply?
|Engineering structure||Number of lanes||Transport escorts||Area|
|Maasvlakteviaduct/ flyover C2-bend||2||2||Maasvlakte|
|Coloradoviaduct and adjacent flyovers||2/6||2||Maasvlakte|
|Flyover Oud Pernisseweg||2||2||Botlek / Pernis|
|Flyover Butaanweg||2||2||Botlek / Pernis|
|Vondelingenviaduct||2||2||Botlek / Pernis|